Monday, November 22, 2010

Minnesota Moxi


Up here in Minnesota Moxi is still hunting hard. Now 5 years old Moxi is very proficient with pheasant and grouse. Moxi has still been doing work at a local preserve hunting for father son team and small businesses
out for a day with clients. Moxi impresses those that get to shoot over her. Some folks nervous at first because Moxi doesn't always hunt close, being a trial dog she's not afraid to punch out there to find the bird. When folks begin to understand that she can hold a bird until they are able to get there to take a shot, they begin to relax and see the beauty in what's taking place. That's why I began guiding groups so that I could share the beauty of working with a pointing dog and to disprove any thoughts that anyone may have about red dogs being able to hunt. Don't get me wrong Moxi isn't perfect things don't always play out as in the pages of Field & Stream, if I had better writing skills I sure could write a couple good stories now. Moxi and I have many more success stories than we do
failed. It's not just Red Dogs but any dog being used for it's intent and worked with, honing and fine tuning to the level of your own satisfaction. For me to drive an hour to a hunting spot, shoot my limit of two roosters in 30 to 45 minutes... well lets just say, I'm okay with that! To have them pointed for me, priceless.



No comments:

Bearcat

Bearcat
VOTE BEARCAT FOR HALL OF FAME